Find me on Facebook

Monday, February 27, 2017

My Weekly Meal Plan!

I am a really good planner, but sometimes bad at following through.  Meal planning is such a help in my house though and I love having a laid out plan!  It ends the, "What am I going to make for dinner?" fights in my head at 4PM, because who thinks about dinner before it actually happens right?  Oh yeah, the mom should do that, I need to be better at my new job you guys!  I am afraid I am going to get fired!  Just kidding, this house would fall apart with out me.  With out further ado, here is my meal plan for this week!  I hope you enjoy it!  Let me know if you try any of the recipes out.  Huge thanks to my Mom for sharing some of these recipes with me!  She is a bomb cook and should have paid better attention!

MONDAY:  Easy Chili with a secret ingredient!

1lb ground beef
canned beans of choice (I use Great Northern)
tomato sauce
onion
bell pepper or jalapeno pepper
chili packet mix
splash of Coffee

Start out by sauteeing your hamburger with onion and pepper of choice.  Drain the excess fat.  Then add your chili mix with your beans.  I added two cans of beans and didn't drain them,  I then added my tomato sauce with a splash of coffee!  This recipe is always easy to make because I normally have everything on hand.  Plus my husband makes coffee every morning so no extra work for me!



TUESDAY:  Chicken Cordon Bleu - Click HERE for the recipe.

The Tatton side of the family has always dutch oven cooked the BEST chicken cordon bleu I have ever tasted!  It's not really dutch oven season so I found a recipe with RAVING reviews to cook stove top!  Bonus point because there is no cream cheese meaning everyone in the house will eat it!  I can't wait to try it tomorrow!

WEDNESDAY:  Ham Roast and Scalloped Potatoes- We will use extra ham tomorrow!

Throw your ham roast in the crockpot and let it cook on low for hours!  I always add some butter to start out with because I LOVE BUTTER, as well as a little bit of water and brown sugar to sweeten it up! Because I am going to use leftover ham for tomorrows dinner, I will make the glaze on the side!  Click HERE for the recipe.

For the Scalloped potatoes I will be honest and say I have a box in the pantry that I will most likely prepare!  I found this Mormon Scalloped Potato recipe though that I want to give a try!

THURSDAY:  Smoked Ham Alfredo (One of my all time favorite meals from my mom!)

Leftover ham
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Pint (plus a bit) heavy whipping cream
liquid smoke 5-10 drops depending
12 oz Penne pasta

Boil water for pasta.  Cut up and brown ham in a frying pan on medium heat.  Remove ham from pan and set aside.  Pour heavy whipping cream and whisk so all the juicy goodness in the bottom of the pan is mixed with the cream.  Add Parmesan cheese and liquid smoke.  Whisk until well blended.  Cook on medium heat stirring occasionally until mixture thickens.  Top pasta with sauce, ham, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper!

FRIDAY:  Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza

Pieces of chicken
Pizza crust
BBQ Sauce
Purple Onion
Mozzerella Cheese

Follow the directions on the pizza crust for oven settings!  Layer the pizza with your sauce, chicken, onion and cheese!  It tastes just as great as anything delivered and it will be fun to have friends over for a make your own pizza night!

I hope this helps you think of your own meal plan for the week, or gives you a few new recipes to try! Most of them are family favorites!  Let me know if you try any of them and what you think,  I cannot wait to eat my bowl of chili soon on this snowy Utah day!  Have a great rest of your Monday from my nest to yours!



No comments:

Post a Comment